Tuesday 25 October 2011

Sorry, is my existance bothering you?

Oh look it's another post already! By your favourite author no less!

Hello again peons, this is HowlingFetus with yet another rant. This time however, It will not be depressing and mopey or anything to that effect. No. Today's rant is about intolerance. Or more specifically, intolerant ass bags.

Let me start with what pissed me off just now. Now, I at no point have claimed to be a tolerant or accepting person. That would be because I feel no need to justify myself to anybody. But hey, I'm just gonna put it out there that I'm just about the most accepting person you will ever meet. I have to be. I'm a freak. I've been judged and hated for who I am more times than I care to remember. But when a person insults and passes judgement on me (or anyone for that matter) based on something as ridiculous as preferring to bang your own gender as opposed to the opposite, things tend to get a little hazy and fists start flying.

I think everyone has that one thing that sets them off. Mine just happens to be homophobia. Which is all to common (although decreasingly so). More common these days is religious intolerance. I cant tell you how many times I have been around someone as they hatefully remark on a woman wearing a burka or a cross around her neck.
Yes... Even the cross is getting hate frequently enough for me to raise the issue.

These things really piss me off. I mean, sure I made a joke about Christians in an earlier post, but I honestly have nothing against them. I simply did so to make a point. I know first hand the intolerance directed towards gays and strangely, even vegetarianism. I mean, for fucks sake people, these people are making a concious decision to not be a part of the slaughter of animals. How can anyone judge them for that?

The general level of intolerance and hate that just seems to -exist- in the world now forces me to hide my opinions and beliefs for fear of being judged more harshly than I already am. Now, I don't claim to know you, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. Fat people are instantly judged as being greedy, rich people are judged as being snobby assholes, teenagers are judged as being vandles and delinquents. There is no exception to the rule. Everyone is hated by someone for some completely invalid reason.

...and that pisses me off.

If you have any comments, such as, i dunno... an opposing view, I'm happy to hear it and discuss it with you.

Oh and since I'm supposed to be making this post less depressing, I'm gonna give you a free joke...

Two cows are in a field
One says "Moo"
The other says "I was just about to say that!"

Thank you and goodnight peons!

No comments:

Post a Comment