Wednesday 26 October 2011

Honestly, Honesty.

So one of our readers brought up the word validation in one of his comments.. This lead me to thinking about what I wanted to be 'validated' in. Which, in turn, lead me to thinking; Should I be honest about this need for validation?

AND THIS finally got me thinking about honesty.. That's right. Honesty. And I don't know about you, but I'm not always a very honest person. Well I don't lie often, but I do keep a lot of things to myself. So is this wrong? Should I be more open?

Google defines honesty as:
  1. The quality of being honest.
  2. A European plant (genus Lunaria) of the cabbage family

That was a tremendous waste of the 10 seconds I took to open the google browser and type in "what is honesty?".

Now, when I think about the fact that I should be more "honest", I think about certain times where I have been honest and it's smacked me back in the face.. Much like the time when this inappropriately-dressed girl, in the middle of winter, said that she was cold.. and I replied "well maybe if you put clothes on this morning, you wouldn't be.".
This was, apparently, not a very good time to be honest.

I've been told that I don't pick the right times. Which, from the example I just gave you above, would seem like an accurate assumption. However, I'm not exactly sure if this was just a "wrong time" to be honest, or if I just didn't really care. I admit it, I do not like this girl very much.

So with all that said, I bring you back to my point about wanting validation; the act of being validated, as Google would say. Sometimes you just need to be told you're doing a good job, you know? Even if you know you're doing a good job. In fact, when I'm praised for doing a good job, I nearly always try harder next time I'm doing something similar to 'out-do' myself. I can get pretty competitive.

Speaking of competition, you know what's a pretty stupid game? Tic Tac Toe. You win, then the other person wins, then you're up to date with all the moves and you draw 10 times in a row before you both decided that it's just too boring.

This is YourCaptainSpeaking, asking you all to be honest with those around you. Because hey, if those around us don't like what we have to say, then fuck that.

No comments:

Post a Comment